The Importance Of Same Day Delivery For Your Business

According to a 2014 McKinsey report, same day delivery will be the next step in the evolution of parcel logistics. More than half of merchants now offer same day delivery, proving that the report was accurate. Online shops who do not keep up run the risk of going out of business because it is a continuing trend that cannot be ignored.

To give you an idea of the significance of this idea for merchants, the following is a summary of four reasons to consider same day delivery for your business: 

More sellers are now offering same day delivery

More than 51% of online retailers now provide same day delivery. The remaining 49% of online retailers intend to launch the service within the next five years as well. Retailers operating on a large scale in densely populated cities are moving especially quickly to offer same day delivery in order to meet the needs of their customers and steal traffic from sellers who do not offer same day deliveries. 

Delivery timeframe heavily influences buyers’ decisions

Before making a purchase, approximately 65% of customers want to know the estimated delivery time. Furthermore, 25% of shoppers rank delivery timeframe as one of the most important factors when ranking an online store, and 30% of millennials will only buy from retailers that guarantee same day delivery.

Notably, 50% of shoppers say they are more likely to shop online if same day delivery is guaranteed. Customers want this delivery feature for two reasons: urgency/convenience and cost. 

Shoppers are surprisingly willing to pay even more for same day delivery

Same day delivery boosts productivity and can boost an online seller’s competitive advantage by up to 85%. As a result, Invespcro reports that companies that offer same day delivery can double their conversion rates and see significant year-over-year sales increases. Furthermore, shoppers’ growing preference for same day delivery means that businesses that fail to meet these expectations will see a drop in conversions and sales. 

Same day delivery is very easy to set up

More than half of online retailers admit to having difficulty managing shipping logistics. Furthermore, approximately 40% of retailers are concerned about same day delivery shipping costs. 

Fortunately, this is changing as delivery services are now becoming more affordable and accessible, especially in Nigeria.

Ecommerce businesses have so many tasks to take care of. That is why trying to tackle the logistics aspect by yourself is a hectic job. You can easily leave the hectic delivery process by partnering with kwik delivery.

We have a big team of professionals who make use of the latest technologies to make sure all your items get to your customers without any hassle. We receive, handle, and deliver all items without delays.

You can easily integrate kwik delivery plugins on your ecommerce website to automate delivery tasks when someone purchases an item from your store.

Our plugins allow you to seamlessly integrate the kwik delivery platform with the following e-commerce solutions:   

  • Woocommerce
  • Shopify
  • Magento
  • Pretashop

Read this article on how to integrate kwik delivery plugins with your ecommerce websites to enjoy fast, secure, and affordable deliveries. 

For social media vendors

As a social media vendor, you can easily offer same day delivery to your customers by partnering with kwik to send these items to your audience without any delay.

To get started, you need to download the kwik delivery mobile app and take the following steps. 

  1. Open the Kwik Delivery App on your mobile phone or visit the kwik delivery website.
  2. Fill in the pick-up details with name, phone number, email, and address.
  3. Provide the drop-off location by filling in the receiver’s name, address, phone number, and email address.
  4. After that, choose the delivery timeframe by either selecting Right Away or Schedule For Later to send your parcel out at a later time.
  5. Next, select the order type by specifying if the delivery should be a One Time Thing or Recurring Order.
  6. Finally, select the vehicle type from our vehicle fleet. Our delivery vehicles range from motorbikes to 30-tons trucks.

Once you have created your order and paid for it, a driver will be at your location in less than 10 minutes to pick up the item for delivery.


Want to send regular parcels as individual customer ?

Get started

For businesses

Want to offer to your customers a high quality delivery experience?

Contact us

For kwiksters

Want to be part of our happy and independent couriers community ?

Join us

Terms & conditions - Privacy © 2020 - Kwik - Africa Delivery Technologies SAS

Open chat