Kwik is a service provided by Africa Delivery Technologies. The following terms you or user refer to each person visiting kwik.delivery or using the Kwik apps. The terms we and our website refer to Kwik. Protecting your personal data is very important to us. By visiting our website, you provide us with some personal data. This policy explains how we use it. You can visit our website and explore it without providing us with personal data.
This notice describes how Kwik and its affiliates collect and use data. This notice applies to all Kwik users globally. This notice specifically applies to:
- Riders: individuals who request or receive transportation and related services via their Kwik account.
- Drivers: individuals who provide transportation to Riders individually or through partner transportation companies.
- Order recipients: individuals who request or receive products and services for delivery or pick-up via their Kwik account.
- Delivery persons: individuals who provide delivery services via Kwik
This notice also governs Kwik’s other collections of data in connection with its services. For example, we may collect the contact information of owners or employees of restaurants or other merchants on Kwik platforms; the contact information of individuals that manage and use accounts owned by Corporate Customers; or data of individuals who start but do not complete their applications to be drivers or delivery persons.
All those subject to this notice are referred to as “users” in this notice.
Our privacy practices are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we engage in the practices described in this notice in a particular country or region only if permitted under the laws of those places. In addition, please note the following:
- For users in Nigeria: Kwik processes the data of users in Nigeria on the grounds that it is necessary to fulfill the terms of our agreements with those users, or based on their consent.
Please contact us at support @ kwik.africa with any questions regarding our practices in a particular country or region.
b. Data controller and transfer
Africa Delivery Technologies Holding B.V. is the data controllers for the data collected in connection with use of Kwik’s services worldwide.
Africa Delivery Technologies Holding B.V. (Herengracht 420, Amsterdam 1017BZ, The Netherlands) is the data controlles for the data collected in connection with use of Kwik’s services worldwide
Kwik operates, and processes personal data, globally; wherever and whenever you travel, your data travels with you so we can offer you a seamless experience. We also respect your data protection rights whether you are in your home country or elsewhere.
This means that we may transfer personal data to countries other than your home country in order to provide our services in a different country at your request. We may also transfer personal data to another country if that is necessary to respond to a customer support request that you submitted outside your region. And trip/order histories may be accessed by users in another country after they have left the country where services were rendered. Because our services involve multiple users at the same time, limited personal data may be accessible to the other user in another country.
We do so in order to fulfill our agreements with all of our users, or based on users’ instructions or prior consent, adequacy decisions for the relevant countries, or other transfer mechanisms as may be available under applicable law, such as the Terms & Conditions.
We may also transfer data to other countries in order to respond to a request for personal data from a law enforcement agency. To provide additional safeguards to these data transfers, Kwik applies a robust internal procedure for processing these requests. Kwik only discloses personal data to law enforcement agencies in a manner that is consistent with the regulatory requirements of applicable laws, such as the GDPR.
To help provide equivalent data protection wherever you use our services, Kwik has implemented the following measures across the globe:
- policies and procedures to limit access to, and the processing of personal data for defined purposes;
- specific training of personnel responsible for managing personal data;
- a government data access policy that refuses government access to data, except when disclosure is mandated by applicable laws including the EU GDPR, there is imminent risk of serious harm to individuals, or consent is obtained;
- robust protection of data while it is in transit between Kwik apps and our servers, and when the data is processed on our servers. This includes encryption and the use of pseudonymized data to help protect users’ full identity against unauthorized disclosure.
For your convenience, the exercise of your data protection rights can be directed to Kwik via any of the designated channels mentioned above, and will be handled centrally on behalf of the relevant controller. You may also use this form to submit a question to Kwik’s Data Protection Officer and to ask us for a copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses or other transfer mechanisms in place for the data processing activity of your inquiry.
III. Data collections and uses
A. The data we collect
Kwik collects data:
Kwik collects the following data:
1. Data provided by users. This includes:
2. Data created during use of our services. This includes:
3. Data from other sources. These include:
B. How we use personal data
Kwik uses data to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery, and other products and services. We also use such data:
We use the data we collect:
1. To provide our services. Kwik uses data to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our services.
This includes using data to:
2. Safety and security. We use data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
3. Customer support. Kwik uses the information we collect (which may include call recordings) to provide customer support, including to investigate and address user concerns and to monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes.
Kwik performs the above activities on the grounds that they are necessary to fulfill the terms of our agreements with users or for purposes of Kwik’s legitimate interest in monitoring and improving its customer support services.
4. Research and development. We use data for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us make our services more convenient and easy-to-use, enhance the safety and security of our services, and develop new services and features.
Kwik performs the above activities on the grounds that they are necessary for purposes of Kwik’s legitimate interests in improving and developing new services and features.
5. Enabling communications between users. For example, a driver may message or call a rider to confirm a pick-up location, a rider may call a driver to retrieve a lost item, or a restaurant or delivery person may contact an order recipient with information about their order.
Kwik performs the above activities on the grounds that they are necessary to fulfill the terms of our agreements with users.
6. Marketing and Advertising. Kwik uses data (other than Guest Users’ data) to market its services, and those of Kwik partners. This may include:
7. Non-marketing communications. Kwik may use data to send surveys and other communications that are not for the purpose of marketing the services or products of Kwik or its partners. We may also send users communications regarding elections, ballots, referenda, and other political processes that relate to our services. For example, Kwik has notified some users by email of ballot measures or pending legislation relating to Kwik’s services in those users’ areas.
Kwik performs the above activities on the grounds that they are necessary to fulfill the terms of our agreements with users, or for purposes of Kwik’s and its users’ legitimate interests in informing users about events that may have an impact on their use of Kwik services.
8. Legal proceedings and requirements. We use data to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of Kwik’s services, to satisfy requirements under applicable laws, regulations, or operating licenses or agreements, or pursuant to legal process or governmental request, including from law enforcement.
Kwik performs the above activities on the grounds that they are necessary for purposes of Kwik’s legitimate interests in investigating and responding to claims and disputes relating to use of Kwik’s services and features, and/or necessary for compliance with applicable legal requirements.
C. Cookies and third-party technologies
D. Data sharing and disclosure
Some of Kwik’s services and features require that we share data with other users or at a user’s request. We may also share such data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
Kwik may share data:
1. With other users
This includes sharing:
2. At the user’s request
This includes sharing data with:
3. With the general public
Questions or comments from users submitted through public forums such as Kwik blogs and Kwik social media pages may be viewable by the public, including any data included in the questions or comments submitted by a user.
4. With the Kwik account owner
If a user receives services through an account owned by another party, we may share their trip or order information, including location data, with the owner of that account. This occurs, for example, when:
6. With Kwik service providers and business partners
7. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Kwik may share users’ data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This includes sharing data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies; to protect Kwik’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. In the event of a dispute relating to use of another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share your data, including trip or order information, with the owner of that credit card.
This also includes sharing data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
8. With consent
Kwik may share a user’s data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
E. Data retention and deletion
Kwik retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above, including to provide its services and comply with legal obligations.
Kwik retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above. The period for which we retain user data is determined by the type of data, the category of user to whom the data relates, and the purposes for which we collected the data.
The length for which Kwik retains user data may further be determined by legal and regulatory requirements, purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention, or by issues relating to the user’s account such as an outstanding credit or an unresolved claim or dispute.
For example, we retain data:
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Kwik may retain user data after a deletion request due to legal or regulatory requirements or for reasons stated in this policy.
Users may request deletion of their account at any time through the Settings > Privacy menus in the Kwik app, or through Kwik’s website.
Following an account deletion request, Kwik deletes the user’s account and data, unless they must be retained due to legal or regulatory requirements, for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention, or because of an issue relating to the user’s account such as an outstanding credit or an unresolved claim or dispute. Because we are subject to legal and regulatory requirements relating to drivers and delivery persons, this generally means that we retain their account and data for the applicable statutory retention period after a deletion request. For riders and order recipients, their data is generally deleted within 90 days of a deletion request, except where retention is necessary for the above reasons.
- Choice and transparency
Kwik enables users to access and/or control data that Kwik collects, including through:
Kwik also enables users to request access to or copies of their data, make changes or updates to their accounts, request deletion of their accounts, or request that Kwik restrict its processing of user data.
A. Privacy settings
The Settings > Privacy menu in the Kwik app allows riders and order recipients to set or update their preferences regarding location data collection and sharing, emergency data sharing, and notifications. Our Privacy Center is also available in web version.
B. Device permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. Please check the available settings on your device or check with your provider.
C. In-app ratings pages
After every trip, drivers and riders are able to rate each other on a scale from 1 to 5. An average of those ratings is associated with a user’s account and is displayed to other users for whom they provide or receive services. For example, rider ratings are available to drivers from whom they request transportation, and driver ratings are available to their riders.
This 2-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for drivers and riders.
Drivers can see their average rating after tapping their profile photo in the Kwik Driver app.
Delivery persons may also be rated by order recipients, restaurants and merchants.
D. Marketing and advertising choices
Kwik provides users with the following choices regarding how their data is used for purposes of marketing and advertising:
E. User data requests
Kwik provides users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit questions and comments about Kwik’s handling of their data.
- Updates to this notice
We may occasionally update this notice.
We may occasionally update this notice. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the Kwik apps or through other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.