How To Place Cash On Delivery Orders On The Kwik Delivery App
In this article, we will discuss how to place a cash-on-delivery order using the Kwik Delivery app.
What is Cash On Delivery?
Cash on delivery is a payment method that allows your buyers to pay for their items when it gets to them. Your buyers can choose to pay cash on delivery or do a funds transfer. Kwik COD allows your buyers to make payment for both their items and the delivery fee with cash or funds transfer.
You should rest assured that this mode of payment is safe, secure, and comfortable. It also helps the buyer confirm that the package received is exactly what they have ordered before making payment.
How do I create a Kwik COD order using the Kwik Delivery app?
- For new customers, you need to download the Kwik Delivery app and sign up before you get access to use the Kwik COD service.
- Provide the correct pick-up location and fill in your details (seller information) by providing your name, phone number, and email address.
- After that, fill in the accurate details of your buyer (recipient of the parcel).
- Provide the drop-off location and the recipient’s name, phone number, and email address
- You can go ahead to schedule the delivery for a later time if you desire to send the parcel in the future. If the parcel is to be delivered immediately, select “Right Away!”
- You can also select the “Recurring Order” tab if you plan to make the delivery continuous. If it’s not a recurring delivery, you should just leave it at “One Time”
- Switch on the Are you a Merchant/Seller toggle to activate the Kwik COD service
- After that, you have to switch on the Do you want Kwik to collect money for the product on your behalf toggle
- Provide the amount you would like us to collect from your customer. (Note: The total parcel amount must not be less than N5000)
- Select the type of vehicle that best fits the kind of parcel you’re delivering
- A popup box will appear on your screen asking you if the buyer should also pay for the delivery
- Switch the toggle on if the recipient is expected to pay for deliveries, otherwise, leave the toggle off and click select
- Since you’re not paying us before we execute the delivery, we will deduct the delivery fees from the total price of the parcel.
- If your buyer is paying for the delivery, we would only charge you a small amount as the handling fee. This is only 1.7% of the total amount of the parcel value
- After that, click on confirm delivery and a Kwik rider will be in your location to deliver your parcel to your buyer in under 2 hours
Please note that the 1.7% handling fee for the Kwik COD only applies to the amount of money handled by our KwikSter. What this means is that if the price of your product is N10,000 and the delivery fee is N2,500, the handling fee will be 1.7% of what is left after we have deducted our delivery fee from the total amount collected from your buyer.
Also, you’re not allowed to receive payment from your buyer when you place a Kwik COD order. What this means is that when the Kwik dispatch rider gets to your buyer’s location, you’re not allowed to phone the buyer requesting your own share of the money.
To explain this better, when you’re placing a Kwik COD order and you see a delivery fee of N2,500 and a handling fee of N300, you are not permitted to instruct your buyer to transfer you what’s left after giving us only the handling and delivery fees.
Please see our Kwik COD terms and conditions to understand the company’s policy on cash on delivery services.
Once your parcel has been delivered and your money collected, Kwik will pay you your money within 24 working hours.
If you own a store where you sell electronic gadgets, clothes, shoes, drugs, children’s toys, automobile accessories, or wigs, you can get these products to your buyers in under 2 hours using Kwik Delivery.
Recently, Kwik launched KwikStore – a free eCommerce tool that allows merchants and business owners to create an online store for free.
With KwikStore, you don’t need to have any technical or coding skills. You also won’t pay for hosting, maintenance, or setup fees.
Follow this link to set up and customize your own KwikStore in less than 5 minutes and start selling online today.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn for updates on new services, freebies, cashbacks, giveaways, and discount codes.